Sunday, May 17, 2009

Daily Twitter

  • 09:12 I realize I've been tweeting far more than blogging. Blogging will pick up once things I usually blog about stop being annoying. #
  • 09:12 And/or I get inspired to write some long philosophical ramble. Whichever. #
  • 11:45 Greg speculates on the amazing mystery of the Canadian non-voter. I admit, I'm also stumped. tinyurl.com/qok7wr #
  • 11:56 The US airline industry can burn for all I care: tinyurl.com/r6czlc #
  • 12:06 Hilarious. Wikileaks has a PDF of Conservative Party talking-points: tinyurl.com/r5nsk9 #
  • 12:52 Bad side: easiest Karoshi ever. Good side: more Karoshi. tinyurl.com/p63fwv #
  • 15:31 I'm amazed at how stupid the new anti-Ignatieff Conservative ads are. And they bought -so- many spots for them! Big waste of money. #
  • 21:35 Y'know what I'd do if I were in a failing industry? Make the people who freely promote me pay for the privilege: tinyurl.com/r75ggy #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter. Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/ADHR/

2 comments:

Catelli said...

Blogging will pick up once things I usually blog about stop being annoying.So that would be never then, eh? or you have to find new topics that are less annoying. ;)

I saw my first anti-Ignatieff ad Friday night. I'm no big fan of Iggy, but I'm tempted to vote Liberal just to drive Harper out of office. Granted the Liberals are no knights in shining armour, but the Conservatives delight in wallowing in the filth a little too much.

ADHR said...

Well, it will pick up eventually, I'm sure, when I'm not just annoyed. And, once teaching has wrapped for the summer, I'll probably have some papers I'll be working on that I can put some things up about.

My problem with the Liberals is the same as always, though. I don't think they're about anything other than getting into power. The rhetoric and presentation would probably be more palatable under Ignatieff as PM than Harper as PM, but it's still all about power rather than any sensible policy or principle. As an example, look at the triumphalism the Libloggers were exhibiting when the polls finally put Ignatieff over Harper. The polls are basically meaningless, but there was still the palpable sense of entitlement.

The power of government in a democracy is mine as a citizen, not theirs as a party. They need to persuade me that they'll enact ideas that are good for the body politic. I still don't think they get that.