Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Daily Twitter

  • 17:05 Album review: Samael, "Reign of Light". Pretty much the same idea as "Eternal". "Telepath" is awesome, though. #
  • 17:19 WTF. Harper appointed two global warming deniers to NSERC. tinyurl.com/qthmzg #
  • 18:57 Album review: Samael, "Solar Soul". Meh. Sounds like a mix of "Eternal" and "Passage" -- the boring parts. #
  • 21:58 Is there a difference between "X's obligation is to only Y" and "X's only obligation is to Y"? I think so, but I can't quite see what. #
  • 22:30 I don't think I'll ever try to do a new course in the summer again.... #
  • 22:34 Black metal strikes me as breeding true the punk strain, possibly from thrash. But, BM and grind have clear similarities.... #
  • 22:36 There are genre-busting bands. A genre-busting genre: most 90's BM bands now play something else; those still in it are like Tafelmusik. #
  • 23:20 What John said: tinyurl.com/qt2o5q #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter. Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/ADHR/

2 comments:

bigfan2 said...

X's obligation is to only Y: X may have other obligations which may or may not be to Y.

X'x only obligation is to Y: X has only one obligation, and it is to Y.

ADHR said...

I agree with you on the second. I'm not sure about the first. To me, it seems to say that X's obligation extends just as far as Y. That is, the second says that X has one obligation, while the first says that X is obligated to do just one thing. So, yes, under the first X has other obligations, but I don't think X can be obligated to do anything other than Y without falsifying the claim.