Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Anyone watching CBC Newsworld?

Well, the Con-bots are pretty clearly swamping Newsworld with bullshit emails about the "coup". Congratulations, kids, you can use a webform!

What's disturbing, though, is the ignorance displayed by the "ordinary folks" that they're talking to on camera. I just saw one guy say "I never voted for Dion!" -- but he's in Burlington. He didn't vote for any party leader. And one guy said "Harper should take over -- everything!" Harper for King!

I return, at last, to my contempt for democracy, given the failures of the demos we have today.

4 comments:

Jennifer Smith said...

Puhlease! They're standing in front of a Tim's in Burlington and they expect a representative sample? They might as well set up in front of a Legion Hall.

Catelli said...

I don't have a contempt for democracy, yet....

But I share your contempt for the idiot Joe plebes spouting off ill-informed nonsense.

I just had to straighten out a few co-workers that the Conservatives did not have a mandate, they did not have the majority of the popular vote, and that this not an illegal or immoral move by the opposition.

The sheer ignorance that is out there is very depressing.

mnfu said...

I see all those high school civics classes have thus far been in vain.

It's ironic because a Liberal/NDP coalition with Bloc-backing represents the first government in a long time that has the support of the majority of voters.

ADHR said...

Actually, a Legion Hall might net a few people who've actually bothered to inform themselves about how this country works....

I'm supposed to be teaching a class on moral/political philosophy tonight. I wonder how many of the folks in that room will be equally as ignorant.