Friday, October 10, 2008

Okay, I lied.

It's like a car wreck; I can't look away! I'm not going to bother critiquing all the nonsense coming out from the anti-NDP so-called "progressives". If they don't want to read the Liberal platform, fine; if they can't see how conservative (note the small "c"), fine. That's their choice, and I know, probably better than most, that no one can really be rationally convinced to accept anything they don't already want to believe.

However. The whole Dion/CTV kerfuffle is to be expected. Neither the Liberals nor the Cons are covering themselves with glory in this campaign, and given how insubstantial the differences between the two are, is it really so surprising to see Harper stooping to this level? I've seen the Liberal attack ads, folks ("Harper is Bush! Be afraid! Be afraid!"). The only difference is target; the approach is the same.

No comments: