Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Blogger.

Yeah, so, I'm on the new Blogger. The labels are nice, but the rest is a bit six-and-three-twos. My problems, though, are two, and the new "widget" system is sufficiently techy to have flummoxed me. First, I don't know how to restore my "recommend this post on progressive bloggers" and "see related on canadian blog exchange" links, that used to appear after the Comments links. Second, I don't know how to restore my Bertrand Russell quote to the bottom of the blog such that its style is consistent with the rest of the blog and it's actually centred at the bottom of the blog. Any thoughts/tips from the hivemind would be appreciated.

3 comments:

audacious said...

to restore your quote, i'm guessing it is/was in the footer area of your page
add a 'text' widget and open it up, see the tab edit html, click it so it goes to the rich text add: (right here put the arrow that is above the 'comma on the keyboard)p align="center"(right here, put the arrow that is above the period on the keyboard)then add your text you want. (the text should take on the style by its self)

and then save changes, and drop the widget to the bottom of the page ...
the others i'm not sure, i never had mine set up that way ...

go over to here:
http://www.bloggerforum.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=1

they are often really helpful if you post a message.

Jim said...

I was trying to figure out how to get the widgets to work in my old templates, but the custom links in the blog posts isn't something I had contemplated having a problem with.

You can still use old templates - if you switch to the "Classic" version - there's a link to it around the Edit HTML. Then you can put back the Recommend this Post link.

If you do that, you'll still be able to use labels, but you'll lose the widgets.

ADHR said...

audacious: Thanks, but it's not quite what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to centre the text under both the main body of the blog and the sidebar; using the align attribute in the p tag will just centre it under the blog body.

I may try the forum, though, if I can't figure it out.

Jim: Thanks! I think I'll revert back. The labels are all I really find interesting; the widgets, although I'm sure they make the blog easier to code if you know a bit about coding, are a little too far beyond me!